PREVENTION PROJECT IN HEALTH AND THE ENVIRONMENT IN THE MACRO DISTRICT 4 BARRIOS SAN ANTONIO EXECUTED BY THE FOUNDATION SUMAJ HUASI, FINANCED BY INTERVIDA EDUCO IN COORDINATION WITH THE HOME GOVERNMENT CITY OF PEACE
It is a challenge to work for the benefit of health and children / as and the environment. Moreover when external factors affect the context and the planet, such as climate change, closely linked to natural disasters. These changes in the planet significantly affect the most vulnerable, generating infectious, respiratory, gastrointestinal, injuries, and other diseases manner populations. Often fragile groups are the hardest hit by the environment, increasing the chances of being affected in their health and resources. Today we live in a world where children and young people, do not decide on their own control, on environmental and social threats, they do not decide on public policy and have no control over their destiny. It must be because we live in a world of adults. While these obstacles are present, it is also true that children and young people are key players in the change of the present and not the future. In this horizon it is that it requires comprehensive and holistic work that have the ability to see the world through the eyes of the most vulnerable and fragile.
Therefore, the project “Prevention in health and care of the environment in four areas of macro District San Antonio” focused on work in process awareness and training people to reduce minor infectious diseases, especially children / as 5 years in the neighborhoods of Valle de las Flores, Pampahasi, Kupini and Callapa the macro San Antonio district of the city of La Paz, which mainly are caused by the presence of solid waste, sewage and gray water, foci of infection in housing and consumption of unsafe water.
One of the strengths of the project development was the participatory level. The involvement of the population in each of the activities was central were several actors who were associated in a committed way, this assessment can be seen from two sides, on the one hand, personal interest in receiving training, learning and training, the other, commitment to their community, population and the environment. A distinction that participation both adults, youth and children was high, which gave an intergenerational background. All age strata were complemented significantly in all activities in which they participated.
The participation of institutions was favorable to establish joint and in favor of the population shares point. Thus the participation of Neighborhood Committees, Youth Groups, Autonomous Municipal Government of La Paz, through the Unit of Social Arm, educational establishments, institutions. It issues related to water and sanitation was a positive aspect to note is required, for coordinated and joint actions determine most successful actions.
From the activities the following results were obtained:
- The 46.15% of foci of infection on public roads have been reduced after the project intervention
- 567 families have decreased foci of infection in the home, accounting for 71% of the population in three areas of macro San Antonio district
- 46.15% of one waste from waste and gray water is decreased on public roads
- 300 families know and practice proper disposal of waste from garbage, sewage and gray water after the project
- It has been reduced by 52.17% foci of infection on public roads after the project intervention.
- At the beginning of the project there were 23 outbreaks of infection garbage in the streets, at the end of the project there are only 11 outbreaks of infection.
- 567 families have decreased foci of infection in their homes at the end of the project, which is expressed in the proper handling of waste, reduction of sewage and gray
- 144 families have improved their internal installation of water and sanitary sewer health benefit its members
- 25 families use an ecological bathroom as an alternative to proper sewage disposal and do not pollute the environment
- 1054 families consume safe water in their homes and have no health risks in children / as
- 550 families practice and maintain hygiene habits making rational use of water
- 1054 families practice techniques for improving water quality and safe water consumed within the housing.
Each of these results agree requested by INTREVIDA-EDUCO, in all cases have far exceeded the indicators requested, complying efficient and committed manner. These results achieved feels and perceives the voice of the actors benefit in areas, who say they feel they improved their life inside your home and in your community for the betterment of the environment, objectified in reducing outbreaks infection garbage, water gray and black, both inside housing and public roads. Also for the improvement of water and sewerage networks was done in conjunction with trained operators and trained in plumbing and electricity as part of their training repaired in homes in areas. Training school and neighborhood environmental promoters were empowered to replicate healthy care practices and efficient water, hygiene use, which helped families to improve their hygiene habits. All these actions can infer the good results obtained in the project. Among the difficulties presented, they were at the beginning, where the population was skeptical and always hoping that the benefits were almost free and compulsory only for the fact that areas at risk, but ultimately were overcome with hard work.
A favorable point in the project was the communication component, whose main objective was to reinforce the topics from a communicative strategy, using mini media, audiovisual educational materials, printed information material to support the three results he sought the project.
No doubt the communicational contribution was transverse to the entire project, because I was attached to planning activities global, comprehensive and coherent manner. He developed key messages was assimilated by the project staff and socialized on the actors who assimilated and appropriated messages for playback and turn them into acting practice. All actions, instruments, messages, articulated with the objectives and results to be obtained were useful in obtaining the desired ends.
Among the impacts that the project has achieved can be named the following.
• 16 Educational Fairs Inter Participants: Educational Units, Environment Ministry, APS, NSSD, Sumaj Huasi Foundation, intervention areas and individual schools.
- Launch bell separation of solid waste called “For a better world each residue in its container” in the Education Unit Delia Gambarte “B” Sergio Mauricio Villegas “B” and Villa Callapa.
- 5 educational campaigns with the participation of promoters and authorities
• 15 days of sensitization and awareness on 7 Educational Units
• Training of 196 school environmental promoters in Educational Units intervention.
- Training of 149 promoters neighborhood in three areas of macro San Antonio district
- Installing bathroom with drag three houses for homeless families camp in the Valley of Flowers.
- Install four batteries of showers shower bases for homeless families in the camp Valley of Flowers
- Installing a bathroom with drag two houses, providing male urinal and wash hands for teachers of the Education Unit Villa Callapa.
- Construction and installation of metal structure to support waste containers and signs with messages for separation of solid waste in three Sergio Mauricio Villegas Educational Units, Delia Gambarte “B” and Vila Callapa.
- 5 visits to exchange experiences of using alternative technologies
Here is a Infograma summarizing the activities and results at three levels of impact on the individual, family and community.
- Project Monitoring
3.1 A brief overview of project progress
The aim of the project “Health Prevention and Environmental Care in 4 districts of San Antonio district Macro” was to contribute to the reduction of infectious diseases in infants and children. Which involved the power decrease foci of infection on public roads and housing. To meet the objectives have been carried out various activities, the same that were planned in detail from each of the indicators to be achieved.
According to the objectives set in this report scheduled activities that respond to the initially formulated detailed indicators. Activities that allowed progress in reducing infection focuses on public roads and housing, reduced waste from garbage, sewage and gray water on public roads and personal hygiene as well as the rational use and water quality. Activities that allowed us to contribute to the reduction of infectious diseases in children.
Activities planned in 2015 to work with management education units were executed in a systematic and regular basis to meet the objectives. In educational establishments; Sergio Mauricio Villegas “A and B” Delia Gambarte “A and B” Baby Jesus, Villa Callapa, Armando Escobar Uria and June 24, has been made to sensitize students and teachers, thus they assumed a commitment and willingness care of your health and the environment. These actors learned to make proper waste management practices personal hygiene, safe water consumption and its rational use.
It also has achieved the strengthening of local organization in the following areas of intervention: Valley of Flowers, Kupini and Callapa through the formation of Neighborhood Environmental Promoters who have assumed the responsibility to disseminate key messages of the project through visits home, sharing information and educational fairs, workshops and active participation in cleanups of solid waste on public roads.
As part of the strategy has formed local neighborhood operators Valley of Flowers, Kupini and Callapa areas through the basic course of plumbing and electricity. Train people in their own areas is a central point to have skilled labor, which through social networks can provide services to the neighbors to improve internal water facilities and sewerage at the household level. Thus, it directly influences to improve the damaged facilities, water leaks, deteriorating pipes, etc., avoiding land irrigation and the generation of moisture in areas way.
On the other hand the strengthening school and neighborhood environmental promoters in environmental through the exchange of experiences with institutions such as the Center for Technology Transfer (CTT-FSH), Social Public Company for Water and Sanitation (EPSAS), Municipal Corporation Areas green, Parks and Forestry (EMAVERDE) was of vital importance, because they enriched their knowledge and were able to visualize new experiences, with the application of alternative technologies, mainly in the care of the environment through water saving and elimination of pollution excrete through composting toilets. This way you can think about the sustainability of the project. However this experiential enrichment is reproduced and replicated to other people, representing a surplus for playing an environmentally responsible practices.
As part of the project activities have been built 25 ecological Bathrooms for proper sewage disposal Callapa area. The construction of this health technology in this area responds to the socioeconomic characteristics of families and the lack of sewerage in some sectors.
To improve the quality of life of families in the intervention zones 100 ceramic filters candle were provided to families that do not have water service at the household level, 300 water containers with tap to keep their safe water, and 413 kits disinfection (chlorine, dropper and container). To identify families who needed to improve their water quality family visits were made by the technical staff of Sumaj Huasi and neighborhood environmental promoters, once identified, we proceeded to draw up lists of the families to be part of the project.
It has managed to coordinate, coordinate, participate jointly with various institutions in the municipality of La Paz to act effectively in community involvement in four macro areas of San Antonio district in healthy practices and environmental care. In this way the institutions that helped to achieve our results were: Unit lodges and Municipal Reception of GAMLP, Municipal Secretary of Culture Citizen of GAMLP, Municipal Secretary of Integral Risk Management GAMLP, Unit of Social Arm GAMLP, Municipal Secretary for Environmental Management GAMLP, District Address No. 3 Municipal Regulation System SIREMU, the TERSA Enterprise, Public Enterprise Social Water and Sanitation EPSAS and the Center for Technology Transfer (CTT-FSH) and Sub mayor Macro District of San Antonio, having made interagency coordination with each of the institutions to effectuate the planned activities.
AREAS OF INTERVENTION
• Kupini Zone
The Kupini Zone through their representatives opened up the project with great empathy and commitment to support all project activities.
Participation of the leadership was high because most of the members of the neighborhood committee comprised of local environmental promoters them residents from the area and neighboring areas joined.
The leaders of the area at the head of Ms. Fernandez and Mr. Yovanka Omar Rojas (President and Vice President) showed great commitment and support for socialization and development project activities to the target population of the area. Acceptance of these authorities to the neighbors was of vital importance to the involvement of actors who assumed responsibly teamwork and continuous coordination with the technical staff of the project.
One of the activities under the active participation of local environmental promoters was the “Campaign Consumer Safe Water” by disinfection methods, through home visits training on safe water and disinfection methods, personal hygiene and solid waste management and provision of ceramic candle filters, storage containers kit safe water and water disinfection by chlorine method. This activity responsibility and commitment to the people stands out, as they try to benefit families with greater needs.
The work does not end with the delivery of filters and containers as the continuous collaboration with monitoring the use of ceramic candle filters, storage containers safe water, making the campaign conclude successfully.
Zona Valle de las Flores
The participation and involvement of the residents of the Valley of Flowers area to start the project was low, so there was a delay in starting activities. According to the perception of the leaders there are different causes for this situation arises.
Among them: work Occupation (engaged in trade) activity that demands considerable time, home ownership, which are occupied by tenants, that not being owners have no interest in participating in meetings and other activities, finally the other factor has to do with the statement issued by the DEGIR – GAMLP as a high risk area, which has discouraged families to get involved in various activities in the area.
Given this situation in coordination with management and project staff is determined to perform an information fair in the area with the aim of generating interest in the neighbors but unfortunately the attendance was low it is then that a strategy to socialize the door project arises door with the participation of school environmental promoters, which has allowed us to arrival at the population and attracting the interest of friends and strangers.
After this activity the support and involvement of the leadership of the area was of great importance to the consolidation of the strategy and implementation of activities in the area. Since from the continuous call through loudspeakers, notices and announcements population gradually it was gaining prominence in the activities of the project. Having trained 13 local environmental promoters who assumed their responsibilities in environmental diffusion at family and community level issues.
During the process of project implementation in the Callapa area difficulties by the struggle to get the leadership in the area between two different fronts were presented, a situation that hindered the participation of leaders in this process of the project, having absence of authorities in the area for the coordination of project activities.
The work strategy took another direction to work with the Education Unit and School Board who actively supported the project activities gathering in this way podres family as part of the community and residents of the area were also added, giving a result positive for the organization of zonal activities.
Worth mentioning the participation of some neighbors (a) assets (a) who supported very detached way in the development of activities through the socialization of the project having achieved the proposed results.
The construction of ecological dry toilets and the development of an Educational Fair, supporting the work done during management: management and at the end of a policy area which allowed support for the implementation of activities such as was consolidated.
POSITION OF LOCAL AUTHORITIES CONCERNING THE PROJECT
In interviews with the leaders of the Kupini area, the following were identified:
• Kupini Zone
• At the project level, consider the subject covered by the project is relevant to the global context and on a personal level has allowed them aware and build on them, good environmental practices, therefore requested the extension of the project.
• Most of the population of the area Kupini known about the project based on the activities carried out in coordination with the Board of Residents of the area. They consider that coordination and teamwork that was done allowed to perform the activities satisfactorily being that work with various institutions in the area such as the Education Unit of the area, the church, the Health Center Kupini and market area.
• The leaders highlighted the involvement of the residents of Kupini in the various activities of the project, this was reflected in two main activities, the first, the cleanup campaign in the area, where officials of the Mayor, SIREMU, Board participated neighbors, teachers and students from the neighboring area Sergio Mauricio Villegas Educational Unit “B”, and neighbors; the second, the Campaign safe water consumption by disinfection methods, with home visits training on safe water and disinfection methods, personal hygiene and solid waste management and provision of filters ceramic candle, storage containers safe water and water disinfection kit by the method of chlorinated, covering most of the apple trees of the area.
• As for the response of the residents of the area, it is considered that awareness has been raised on the issues of caring for the environment, mainly on the issue of the final disposal of waste on public roads with implementation of the pilot project improving waste disposal system. Also they consider that the project has allowed the population to change their habits. On water, ensuring safe water consumption through training and provision of filters and water containers, residents made good environmental practices by recycling water and waste separation, which has been verified through home visits made. According to the evaluation of leaders neighbors they are raising awareness in the disposal of garbage mainly on public roads,
“The amount of garbage on the streets has decreased, so does the consumption of safe water as I improve with the provision of ceramic candle filters and storage vessels safe water” (Interview: President Fernández Yovanca Kupini area).
• The authorities consider that the project has influenced his life and his dirigencial management positively, on a personal level the issue of safe water consumption through the provision of filters and allowing and encouraging the consumption of safe water in their homes, It dirigencial about the life stresses that allowed him to be recognized as social problem topics covered in the project, issues that generally are not taken into account by the leaders and areas.
• They believe that the mayor has worked jointly with the project in the sense that supported and participated in the main activities of the project in the area.
• Among the strengths of the project from the perspective of the strengths of the project leaders was mainly good coordination with the project team which allowed for joint activities and reciprocal basis, and project activities in the area.
• As suggestions, consider that the project should be expanded both in area and in the other, as there has been great interest because the project comes to other areas.
• The intervention work done by the project in the area Callapa had a feature in terms of coordination with the leadership of the area. It has been possible to demonstrate a dirigencial instability which has made it difficult to coordinate activities.
• When the project coordination with Mrs. done. Victoria Huanca who assumed the post of Secretary who participated actively in the beginning, but their participation was decreasing because of own of the neighborhood activities, likewise I saw a moment of transition between the departure of a leadership and the entry of a new leadership in the area. In November 2015, a new directory of the neighborhood committee who expressed their support for the project activities was consolidated. However the planned activities were already underway with the support of some active neighbors who assumed the responsibility to support the dissemination and development of the project.
• It remains in the memory of people the fatal event mega slide in which many families lost everything but also very present the support provided by the Sumaj Huasi Foundation through Intervida, the deep appreciation transmits Mrs. Victoria Huanca neighbor and leader of the Callapa area, the work done by the technical staff with the project
“Good Environmental Practices in 14 emergency camps has allowed win the trust of neighbors for implementing the new project (interview Victoria Huanca, Zona Callapa)
• Despite the low participation of Ms. Huanca in his capacity as leader, he said that environmental issues (safe water, garbage recycling and prevention) that were transmitted by the technical staff of Sumaj Huasi through training workshops were of great importance for residents as the area of Callapa is a high risk area.
AREA VALLEY OF FLOWERS
The leadership of the Valley area of Flores highlights the work done to date by the participation of 80% of the residents have been achieved also consider the environmental issues is of great importance since for several years in the neighborhood no institution spanned awareness and socialization of environmental issues. However they consider that the project should continue to strengthen good environmental practices until people can assimilate these changes healthy habits and involved a lengthy process. In this regard refer
“It has been perceived changes in environmental practices as delivering garbage in collection schedules, also in children has impacted quite as take the trash day corresponding and why I say they are the children who are talking about the recycling of waste “(Interview: Reynaldo Lupa President of the Valley of Flowers area).
Also they state that the work experience of the institution Suamaj Huasi has opened up with neighbors to work more closely and friendly manner. Conducting educational fairs in the area with the participation of school and local environmental advocates spreading environmental issues.
“It has broken the ice of silence for the first time since the prestige of an institution Sumaj Huasi has come to the area” (Interview: Reynaldo Lupa President of the Valley of Flowers area).
Through the basic course of plumbing and electricity the leadership of the area has a rapprochement with neighbors, know their problems and contribute detached way in improving water facilities and sewerage, considering so that their degree of positioning as authority is high, thus generating a satisfying personal and collective level. They also emphasize that people are applying their knowledge regarding methods of disinfecting water which affects the health of families.
“That it will affect two or three years, will continue reverberating, is what you have left a footprint in other words to the area, that’s a big satisfaction” (interview: Reynaldo Lupa President of the Valley area from the flowers)
The authorities say they are committed to the Foundation and with neighbors and stress that can no longer continue with bad environmental practices and that this is a more than dirigencial responsibility as a person.
“So let us change our area has to continue with the same habit and with the knowledge of the workshops and talks on environmental pollution and we can not be the same pig ever” (Interview: Vice President Alfredo Duran area Valley of Flowers)
Degree of efficiency and implementation monitoring. strengths and weaknesses in project development points, as well as factors that have facilitated / hindered the implementation of the intervention. Comment, if appropriate, how they are to be considered in the following year (reorientation measures). strengths and factors that facilitated the implementation of the project in Educational Units
School environmental promoters contributed favorably in disseminating messages to the population of different age groups, also have expanded the coverage of population-wide planned in this regard the training strategy is an outstanding point to note.
Correlation productive project partner projects Educational Units intervention allowed the opening and coordination of joint actions to influence the latent environmental problems in our environment (presence of solid waste on public roads). Actions aimed to promote the provision, classification and processing of domestic waste in order to contribute in reducing the volume of waste generated pollution.
IIA for the collection of solid educational intervention units by the Unit System Differentiated Collection under the Autonomous Municipal Government of La Paz, for the manufacture of school furniture at the plant PLASTIMADERA classification and subsequent return waste facilities educational. Total work together with the Autonomous Municipal Government of La Paz in the development of the project activities such as the implementation of the system of separation of solid waste within the Educational Units, for their effective implementation.
The set of activities in educational institutions strengthen the knowledge of the student population and generate environmental awareness mainly in children of primary school who perform proper disposal of solid waste, allowing through them transcend their families from socializing the learned.
Another action that have strengthened the project implementation in educational units has to do with the involvement of school boards who supported so, in that sense has transcended population of the intervention areas, giving a positive result in terms of zonal organization activities.
Weaknesses in the development of the project in Educational Units
The implementation of other parallel to our projects and coordination in times and strategies were weak.
Change management school authorities average was a weak point that could not be faced immediately. Some directors immediately made feasible activities already initiated, but others considered that the activities could interfere with the school schedule.
The festive calendar of educational units sometimes incompatible.
Insufficient time arrangement of some teachers and others have extended the runtime activities U.E.
Poor communication and coordination between the management of the establishment and the teaching staff affected the almost permanent reprogramming of project activities in U.E.
Strengths and factors that facilitated the implementation of the project intervention areas
Among the main strengths of the project they were as follows:
Coordination conducted with relevant local authorities in coordination, which has allowed to carry out project activities satisfactorily being that came to a relationship of empathy and cordial treatment in the framework of respect which was a plus huge for the project and the conclusion.
The topics covered by the project are recognized as fully relevant to the context of the intervention areas, that was also a major factor for both the authorities give great openness to its implementation, as the general population to support and be part of the project .
The willingness and viability by the municipal authorities to the implementation of the project has been vital to realize joint actions such as cleaning campaigns, strengthening thematic risk management, implementation of the pilot project (placed hooks and signs) and participation in information fairs among others.
The institutional experience relating to the problems of the working areas has allowed the development of activities leading to cover greater than expected coverage and satisfactory results.
Coordination with the Center for Technology Transfer (CTT-FSH) has expanded knowledge in a practical way to school and local environmental advocates strengthening their knowledge, generating concerns opting for ecological health technology as an alternative to the lack of sanitary sewer service in areas of Callapa and Valley of Flowers.
Interagency coordination has been an important project for consolidation in the intervention zones factor, it has strengthened the knowledge of school and local environmental advocates, who have assumed the responsibility to replicate their experience to their peers.
Weaknesses in project development in areas of intervention
During the project intervention has been identified in the area of Callapa a degree of conditioning on neighbors, expect a material benefit in exchange for their participation, this also affected the consolidation of lists for beneficiaries of ecological toilets, since neighbors in some cases expected support without a local partner or local counterpart was minimal.
Planning for the construction of 30 ecological toilets in the area of Callapa did not have the expected result why only 25 composting toilets were built because in the area, this situation is attributed to the installation of sanitary sewer in sectors identified by the project, so the population demand for this type of health facility was not generated. Also the economic characteristics limited families has discouraged at first not to opt for the construction of ecological toilets, in this situation the change of the mode of action arises whereby families have a contribution of 40% encouraging so to building ecological toilets in their homes.
Lack of environmental education programs that strengthen the messages given to families in the project interfere and demotivate make the practice of recycling, since due to the difficulty to transport waste classified about gathering families choose in some cases to continue the practice of separation of solid waste.
Coordination with neighborhood councils, in the case of Callapa area because of the struggle between leaders of the area, did not allow effectively coordinate project activities in the area, aptly able to talk to both sides of the neighborhood who they agreed to the project but is not involved in a participatory manner therein by the aforementioned conflict.
In the development of activities was visualized in the work carried out by promoters – neighborhood environmental, who had the task of training the family level on issues of safe water for human consumption and waste management, the difficulty was an interpretation wrong neighbors who linked the provision of filters Candle with training received them assumed that local promoters at the time of training put in list to receive this benefit, causing the neighbors to require promoters to put them in list in exchange for such training.
The lack of interest and support of the leaders of the area under Pampahasi has hampered the implementation of the project in the area. Despite attempts at coordination with local institutions, local organizations and the Health Center, senior centers, School Board among others, and holding information fairs, meetings, workshops achievement not generate the project activities.
Causes: lack of interest in environmental issues raised by the project, lack of time attributed to work done by neighbors and the limited time he devoted to the leadership the President of the area did not allow us to make a direct and efficient coordination.
8. Was proper pace and frequency of funding?
The sharpen and flexible processes help on how to develop projects to think about sustainability, so we can say that rhythm and rate of funding has been relevant.
9. Comment extent expenditure control project has regularly taken. What mechanisms have been used?
The control was through ongoing coordination of the parties to take regulatory mechanisms used to develop smoothly than expected in the project.
10. Impact. Changes in the lives of people like effect of the project on the organizations with which we work and local social dynamics. Description unforeseen impacts and negative impacts, in the case have been given.
Through the project has achieved the residents of the areas of intervention will improve their quality of life, as the risk that was present in the sources of pollution on public roads or in homes regardless reduced continuously, care for the environment avoid contamination directly impacts on the residents of the target areas and benefit their health.
To achieve the following actions were made:
– Reducing waste on public roads
– Reduction of foci of infection within households
– Drinking water safe
– Hygienic practices for their health care.
– Neighbors practice water conservation through the rational use of this liquid element
– Improving water facilities allowing avoid weakening soils because they are considered risk areas.
11. If it is remarkable, impact assessment in relation to gender practices as a result of the action of the project.
Often the responsibilities of the health of the family falls on women, since it is a role established by certain social relations. Hence affect the responsibilities are shared is always a challenge. Of course the project is no exception, in the areas of project intervention women are also seen as responsible for family health and home. But when it comes to environmental responsibilities relations and gender roles are blurred. It is not clearly identify who are responsible for the environment around them, which is a common good of society. Somehow to be located in the public sphere could be associated with men, however in the project, to sensitize and motivate the population has noticed the interest of women and youth. The theme of caring for the environment and health has caused great interest in participating in the planned and developed activities so actively participated in the process of training of environmental leaders, as in the stage of diffusion and socialization of environmental issues by getting involved in different activities undertaken during project implementation.
Making an analysis of the participation of women and their involvement in the interest of the project is concluded that in all areas of their participation was majority. For example, in the case of the Valley of Flowers Zone, a total of thirteen environmental promoters nine they are women.
What we must emphasize is that their participation was significant, the contribution was huge support for each of the activities can be made visible or measured by the process of monitoring the proper use of filters and containers of water storage, which the data collected was of great impact on families. They were responsible for socializing and implement shared in the training process with its closest, as his family environment knowledge.
They also participated actively and uncompromisingly in the following activities:
• Campaign “My Little School Green” held at the Education Unit Villa Callapa in this activity classification of organic waste was promoted. Once this activity socialized mothers began to separate waste and it was they who provided the organic matter for use as compost in pots made of tires for later transplanting seedlings.
• Creation of the “Ladies Ecologic” in the Kupini area, given the proportional difference between men and women during the training of promoters / environmental as, comes at the initiative of women name the group began to become “Ladies green” activists , name that did honor in all project activities.
• school environmental promoters are mostly women, this human capital has demonstrated the commitment of this kind to the environment.
• Course Plumbing and electricity whose interest usually rests with men also had the participation of women who contributed to remarkable way in repairing and improving water facilities in homes of their neighbors, thereby strengthening knowledge.
You may think that interest in the plumbing, electricity, is relevant only for men but for the project has found that it is also a concern for women and men accept positively involvement in these activities that were previously considered masculine.
12. If it is remarkable, impact assessment in relation to environmental practices as a result of the project.
Environmental practices are diverse, and varies according to the human group and its habitat. In some cases the pollution and deterioration of environmental goods naturalize. The importance of environmental education processes with different actors involved in processes of pollution, risk, danger and environmental degradation. If it does not focus on the actors themselves educational and training processes, is puny impact any project that wants to get significant changes. An important awareness of human passage are educational, dynamic, playful and simple games. The acquisition of awareness is evident in the daily practices in everyday actions that bring a profit. Thus, the participants in the project are a step in awareness that translates into actions of environmental care. To educate and train school promoters, local promoters, parents of family, neighbors and administrative teaching staff has allowed the environment in the target areas to improve.
Intervening in educational units, as the training center for youth, children / as is essential for achieving effects on the environment, hence the intervention in educational establishments and training to school promoters, it was for them to become key players for dissemination and sharing of key environmental messages through their participation in educational fairs and educational seminars replica directed to the entire school population the respective educational units intervention thus transmitted and socialized key messages to the population of the areas their intervention best environmental practices and improve their environment. It was they also who with the enthusiasm that characterizes youth were responsible for infecting their partners interest in participating in activities relating to the care of the environment, such as: the development of flowerpots with recycling material taking advantage of organic waste, processing